Finding Microphone Not Working problem in Windows 10 PC? If “YES” the article is meant for you. We have introduced all the reliable methods for our beloved readers which will help them to fix the faced error Microphone Not Working in 2020
You might get badly annoyed finding the problem Headset microphone not working when to try to play troop games or intending to have video call using Skype or Zoom software in Windows 10 PC. Reason for the problem might be silly like, mismatch in System audio setting, dust and debris lying in System jack or inserted a non-compatible Microphone in Windows PC.
Investing a few minutes reading the article will help you to gain appropriate answer for Why microphone not working. In this article, we have introduced all the reliable methods for getting rid of problem Windows 10 headphones not detected.
Methods to Fix Microphone Not Working in Windows 2020
Before getting in-depth with fixing method in Windows System try to figure out if you have made silly mistakes. Check whether you have inserted the microphone properly in Windows System. Have a look at Windows 10 system jack and give an air-blow to clear the dust or debris. Make sure you are using a compatible Microphone in your Windows system. Let’s move ahead with the best methods for fixing the problem Microphone Not Working in Windows 2020
1. Firstly check for new updates for Windows Operating System
- Type “ Check for updates” in the windows search bar and hit the enter key
- Now click on “Check for updates” TAB to find new software updates
- In case, if you find any new “Software Update” Download and Install the same in your Windows 10 Operating System.
2. Run the Troubleshooter in Windows 10 PC
Sometimes performing the activity helps to fix the Windows 10 headphones not detected a problem. Kindly follow the below-given steps and check whether the problem persists or not.
- Firstly you have to open Setting in your System. Type “Setting” in the windows search bar.
- Next step is to click on “Update & Security” option
- Now, select “Troubleshoot” option and click on “Run the troubleshooter” in your Windows 10 PC.
Performing the activity in your Windows PC will let you know the causes for Why microphone not working problem.
3. Try to turn on Microphone Manually in your Windows PC.
Sometimes due to audio mismatch settings in your windows system invites the problem Headset microphone not working. In case, if you have disabled or not enabled the access for the microphone in certain apps might drag you with the microphone not working problem.
- Type “Settings” in the Windows Search bar and hit enter
- Kindly click on “Privacy” option to proceed further to fix Windows 10 headphones not detected
- Next step is to click on “Microphone” tab
- Now allow turn it ON to allow apps to access your microphone in Windows System.
Performing the activity in your Windows Operating System will help you to fix Windows 10 headphones not detected problem. If you have recently installed an app in your PC which requires audio compatibility for functioning, find the app and enable the audio feature.
4. Updated Drivers for “Realtek(R) Audio”
You might face Windows 10 headphones not detected problem due to lack in driver update for “Realtek(R) Audio” kindly for new driver updates if any update the same in your Windows PC.
- Firstly type “Computer management” in your Windows search bar and hit enter.
- Next step is to click on “Device Manager” to proceed further for fixing resolving the problem Why microphone not working in Windows System
- You will find the “Realtek (R) Audio” option kindly click on it.
- Now what you have to do is to select on Driver TAB and click on “Update driver” option
- The last step is to select the first option “Search automatically for updated driver software” to find a new driver update for the Realtek (R) Audio
In case, if your find any driver updates kindly download and install the same in your Windows PC.
FAQ for Microphone Not Working
1. How do I fix my microphone on Windows 10?
Kindly follow the below-given steps to Fix Microphone Not Working problem in Windows PC.
- Open Setting in your Windows Device
- Next step search microphone privacy settings
- Kindly allow apps to access your microphone
2. Why is my headset microphone not working?
The reason might be very silly for the problem headset microphone not working you might have connected the headset which is not compatible with Windows PC. The other reason might be dust or debris that persists in System jack.
3. Why won’t my computer recognize my headphones?
The problem might occur if you don’t insert the headphone properly in you Windows PC. Make sure you connect a compatible microphone in your system.
4. How do I fix my headphones not being detected?
Kindly follow the below-given steps to fix headphones Not Working problem in Windows PC.
- Type control panel in the Windows search bar and hit enter
- Next step is to click Hardware and Sound
- Kindly click on the Sound option
- Now right click on the inserted headphone device name and enable it
5. What are the main sizes of headphone jacks?
6.5mm, 3.5mm and 2.5mm are the main sizes of headphone jacks. 3.5mm microphones are meant for universally compatible with phone and PC devices
We hope you got the useful information related to the search for Best methods to Fix Microphone Not Working Properly in Windows 2020. In case if you have any other query related to the topic then we would request you to kindly note it down in the below-given comment section. We will be more than happy to assist you with a relevant answer to the asked question.