No one likes to work on a system that doesn’t run fast and is not efficient. The constant lag, every other day upgrade request, hinders productivity, and leads to frustration. Well, what if I tell you that these problems can be cured would you believe it? No, no, it’s nothing complicated or unusual. You won’t have to spend a lot of money on it. In the technological world, it’s called OVERCLOCKING.
Overclocking is a simple process that boosts your computer to work efficiently without adding anything internally or externally. It allows you to run your CPU in full capacity rather than the default mode that it came in. It increases the potential of the CPU so that you could do heavy tasks like playing video games or video editing without any issue.
However, before adding the software to your computer, you must check:
- If your computer system even allows overclocking. You must check SKU (Stock keeping unit) on the manufacturing site just be sure that it’s unlocked.
- Check for overclocking features inbuilt in your PC motherboard.
- You must check for the cooling fan as due to overclocking, the heat production will increase, which can cause other types of problems.
- The cooling fan must be working correctly for you to avoid the CPU chips to slow down or get destroyed in the long run.
5 Best Overclocking Softwares for CPU, GPU, and RAM
#1 MSI Afterburner
All the newbies out there working for the first time on overclocking software must start with MSI Afterburner. It is free, and you can explore all the options available in the software for your computer system to run effectively.
With the help of MSI Afterburner, you can boost the hardware’s performance and get complete information about your system and its implementation. Graphic cards in your computer system can also be benefitted from it. It tests the graphics cards’ stability and thermal performance so that you get maximum efficiency out of it.
- Best Suitable for non-technical people.
- Boost the performance of the system.
- Tests stability and thermal performance of the graphics card
2 EVGA Precision X
EVGA Precision X is one of its kind. It supports GPU’s latest technology to tune your EVGA graphics card, including GPU Voltage, GPU Clock speed, Fan speed, and Memory Clock speed.
It is compatible with every EVGA graphics. It also has a The EVGA Precision X Android App that connects to the host PC via Bluetooth.
- It has GPU and Memory Frequency/Clock Offset.
- Power Target Control (GeForce GTX 680)
- Frame Rate Target Control
- GPU Voltage Adjustment
- Fan Control/Fan Curve
- It has a Android app that connects to the PC via Bluetooth
3 AMD Overdrive
Another overclock software that is easy to use with the best features is AMD Overdrive if you have AMD processors. It lets you be in charge of all the control. It enables the user to tune parameters to help system stability, optimize performance, and control cooling/acoustic characteristics.
It allows you to control the CPU’s speed and voltage and a real-time overview of the CPU. The user can also run a stability test to check the performance of the computer system after overclocking.
- Easy to use, especially if AMD processors are available
- Tune parameters to help system stability, optimize performance, and control cooling/acoustic characteristics.
- Control speed and voltage of CPU
- Provide a real-time overview of CPU
- You can run a stability test after overclocking.
4 Intel XTU
Intel XTU is a simple yet effective overclocking tool that anyone can use with or without technical knowledge. If you have intel hardware and processor, then things will be more smooth for you.
It lets you monitor your system effortlessly, analyze Temperature, maximize your processor’s ability, and observe changes in your CPU with time after overclocking. It gives the user complete freedom to change voltage, memory, graphics, and processor while ensuring that your system remains stable.
One thing to note here is that you don’t compromise your system when you overclock as it could damage.
- Simple and Effective overclocking tool for anyone to use
- More effective if user have intel hardware and processor
- Monitor the system effortlessly, analyze Temperature, maximize your processor’s ability, and observe changes in your CPU with time after overclocking.
- Freedom to change voltage, memory, graphics, and processor
- Maintain the stability of the system
5 CPU-Z and GPU-Z
The list can’t be complete without having CPU-Z and GPU-Z. It comes with features like overclocking the system, processor, and graphics card. It gives you analyzed data on the performance of your PC system before and after overclocking.
With applications like CPU-Z and GPU-Z in your computer system, you will receive complete detailed reports on your motherboard, processor, and GPU.
CPU-Z provides all the details you must be needing, like packages, cache levels, voltage, etc. GPU-Z focuses on graphics cards, such as memory clocks and GPU clocks, Temperature, size, and more.
- It has features like overclocking the system, processor, and graphics card.
- Provides analyzed data on the performance of your PC system before and after overclocking.
- CPU-Z gives detail related to packages, cache levels, voltage, etc. of the system
- GPU-Z focuses more on graphic cards such as memory clocks and GPU clocks, Temperature, size.
There are many features that we cannot control in our PC. However, the thing that can be controlled is a lagging and slow system. With overclocking software, you can boost your PC’s performance while you keep tabs on the impact of changes made before and after overclocking.
You don’t have to be a professional to understand some basic concepts, to begin with. The software can benefit you greatly if used appropriately. It is highly advisable that you do not overdo the process of overclocking as it can cause harm to your CPU chips and processor.