Finding more disk usage in Windows? If “YES” we strongly insist you read the article as it includes the useful steps in a chronologic manner for ending the task “Microsoft compatibility telemetry high CPU” in Windows PC 2020
Microsoft telemetry task consumes more storage disk space, high CPU in the Windows Operating System. Generally, the job role of the Microsoft telemetry is to commutes the data of users Windows System to Microsoft, Microsoft store the data for future software updates. In case, if you wish to stop the task Microsoft compatibility telemetry high CPU in your Windows System, simply keep reading further.
Steps to fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry in Windows 2020
There are multiple methods which will help you to end the task Microsoft compatibility telemetry high CPU. We have introduced the utmost reliable steps for Microsoft telemetry disable/end task in Windows PC 2020.
Firstly check for new updates in Windows Operating System, if any download and install the same in your Windows PC.
- Type “Check for Updates” in Windows Search Bar and hit enter
- Next is step is to click on “Check for Updates” tab to find new updates, if any kindly download and install the same in your Windows Operating System.
- If you find any new software update, kindly download and install the same in your Windows PC.
In case, if you find any new software update and have installed it in Windows PC than the next step is to “Restart” the Windows PC
Note: (If you Windows operating System is up-to-date then you can skip the restarting step)
- Next step is to Set Diagnostic and Usage Data to the basic mode in your Windows PC.
- Type “Privacy Settings” in the Windows Search bar and hit enter
- Next step is to click on “Diagnostic & Feedback”
- Now kindly, click on “Required Diagnostic data”
Next is to Disable Compatibility Telemetry by Group Policy Editor to continue with the process to end task Microsoft compatibility telemetry.
- Firstly press Windows Key + R simultaneously to open run function in your Windows PC.
- Next step is to type “gpedit.msc” and click OK button to open ”Local Group Policy Editor”
- Now, kindly click on “Computer Configuration” to find the other folders
- Right-click on “Administrative Templates” to proceed further
- Next steps are to click “Windows Components” folder to continue with the process
- You will find the “Data Collection and Preview Builds” folder, kindly click on it.
- Once you click on “Data Collection and Preview Builds” folder under Local Group Policy Editor, you will find “Allow Telemetry” option, right-click on it to proceed with the process
- Next step is to select the “Disabled” option and click OK button.
Performing the above-given steps might end the task Microsoft compatibility telemetry high CPU in your Windows PC. In case, if you still face the same problem then you have to proceed with other steps using Registry Editor in Windows PC.
- Press Windows Key + R simultaneously to open run function in your Windows PC.
- Next step is to type “regedit” and click OK button to open Registry Editor in Windows PC.
- Make sure you click “YES” when prompted by User Account Control.
- Now perform the steps in Chronologic manner to continue with the process to disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry in Windows PC.
- Once you right-click the folder “DataCollection” proceed further by clicking NEW tab and “DWORD (32-bit) Value
- Now what you have to do is to change the “Value Data” kindly input 0 value and Press OK button.
After performing the above-given steps in your Windows PC close all the tabs and refresh the System.
Now, check the system disk using the Command Prompt in Windows Operating System.
- Type “Command Prompt” in Window search-bar and select the option Run as administrator.
- Kindly input the command “chkdsk E: /f /r /x” in CMD prompt and hit the enter key.
- The process will consume a few moments, kindly wait until 100% completion.
Once, the process is done close all the current tabs in Windows PC and refresh. The Microsoft compatibility telemetry high CPU task will be ended in your Windows PC.
FAQ for Microsoft compatibility telemetry
1. Can I end task Microsoft compatibility?
Yes, you can end the Microsoft compatibility task in your windows PC by performing the activity of disabling it through Registry Editor.
2. Is it possible to disable Microsoft telemetry using Policy Editor in windows?
Yes, using the Policy Editor in Windows PC you end the task Microsoft telemetry to get rid of high CPU usage.
3. What is the command to check disk usage in CMD prompt in Windows PC?
Use the command “chkdsk E: /f /r /x” in Command Prompt of your Windows System to check disk usage.
4. Is 100 CPU usage bad?
Not really, we can’t define the 100% CPU usage in Windows PC as bad. But it is the utmost usage that can be carried out by the operating system. Try to maintain low CPU usage by disabling the unwanted operational tools and apps in Windows PC.
5. How do I lower my CPU usage?
One of the most preferred methods to low down the CPU usage in Windows PC is to increase the RAM in Operating System.
We hope you got the useful information related to the search for How to End Microsoft compatibility telemetry task in Windows PC 2020. In case if you have any other query related to the topic then we would request you to kindly note it down in the below-given comment section. We will be more than happy to assist you with relevant answers to the asked questions.