Feeling annoyed due to High CPU Usage in Windows PC? We are here to help you with fixing the faced high CPU usage problem. In this article, we have introduced all the reliable methods which will help you to fix the Antimalware service executable in Windows 2020 to low down the CPU Usage.
Antimalware service executable is a key feature of Windows Defender, it protects the system from malware threats in real-time. Antimalware service keeps on scanning the Windows System files and all the entries, activities that are performed. No doubt the feature protects the Windows System from Virus threats but it consumes High CPU Usage. Hence, in this blog we have discussed reliable methods, steps along with necessary screenshots for fixing the Antimalware high CPU usage problem in 2020.
Best Methods to Fix Antimalware service executable high CPU usage in 2020
Performing the below-given methods in Windows Operating System will help to disable (msmpeng.exe) Antimalware service executable. In this article, we have introduced all the reliable methods with appropriate steps and necessary screenshots for our beloved readers. Read further to explore the Methods to disable Antimalware service.
1. Change Windows Defender’s scheduling options
Firstly perform the Windows Defender’s scheduling method in your Windows PC for fixing Antimalware service executable high CPU usage.
- Firstly Press Windows Key + R simultaneously to open Run box in windows PC
- Kindly input “taskschd.msc” in Run box and press OK button.
- Next step is to click on Task Schedule Library–>Microsoft–>Windows.
- Once you click on Windows you will find Windows Defender option, kindly double-click on it.
- Now, what you have to do is to click on the “General” tab and uncheck the “Run with highest privileges” option and press OK button.
- Next step is to click on the “Conditions” tab and uncheck of the option and Press OK button to complete the fixing method for Antimalware service problem.
After performing the methods in Windows System close all the current tabs and refresh the System to check whether msmpeng high CPU usage problem is solved in Windows PC.
2. Kindly add Antimalware Service Executable to Windows Defender’s exclusion list
Sometimes adding MsMpEng.exe in Windows Defender’s exclusion list fixes the problem Antimalware service. You can perform the method in your Windows PC by following the below-given steps.
- Type “Settings” in the Windows Search Bar and hit enter.
- You will find the option “Update & Security” kindly click on to proceed further to fix Antimalware service problem.
- Next step is to click on the “Windows Security” option and click on “Virus & threat protection” tab to continue with msmpeng.exe disable the process.
- Click on “Manage Settings” under Virus & threat protection settings.
- You will find the “Exclusion” below that you will find “Add or remove exclusions” kindly click on it to continue with msmpeng disabling process.
- Click on Process option.
- Next step is to input “MsMpEng.exe” inside entering Process name, empty box.
Performing the process in your Windows PC will help to fix the Antimalware service high CPU usage problem.
3. Disable Windows Defender in Windows Operating System
Even after performing the above-given methods in Windows PC the problem msmpeng High CPU usage exists, then proceed further with the method to disable Windows Defender.
- Press Windows Key + R simultaneously to open the Run Dialog Box in your Windows PC.
- Input “regedit” in run box and press OK button to open the Registry Editor.
- Kindly double click on the below list folders in Chronologic manner in registry editor.
- Windows Defender
- After double-clicking on “Windows Defender” you will find a registry entry named DisableAntiSpyware or DWORD (32 bit) Value. Kindly double click on it to continue and change the actual value to 1 for completing the process to disable Antimalware.
Once done, close all the current tabs and refresh the Windows PC to check whether msmpeng.exe high CPU usage problem is resolved or not. In case, if the issue persists than prefer third-party anti-virus software to get rid of the problem.
4. Check for malware infections using Third-Party Anti-Virus Software.
Numerous Free and Paid anti-virus software are available on the internet; Malwarebytes is one the best and reliable anti-virus software preferred by the majority of Windows Users. You can rely on it for fixing the problem msmpeng High CPU usage in Windows PC.
Malwarebytes anti-virus software allows users to have a free trial, you can download it by visiting the official portal: https://www.malwarebytes.com/for-home/products/
After downloading the anti-virus software, kindly install it to vanish out the virus/malware that exists in your system. Performing the activity will help you fix the problem High CPU usage in Windows PC.
FAQ for Antimalware service executable
1. Can I end antimalware service executable?
Yes, you can end antimalware executable task in Windows PC. To perform the activity you have to disable or delete Windows Defender from your PC
2. How do I fix antimalware service executable?
Kindly follow the below-given methods in your Windows PC to fix antimalware service High CPU Usage.
- Change Windows Defender’s Scheduling Options.
- Disable Windows Defender
- Update Device Drivers
3. Should I disable Windows Defender?
In case, if you are intending to use any of the third-party Anti-Virus software in Windows System than should disable the Windows Defender.
4. How do I permanently disable Windows Defender?
Firstly install third-party anti-virus software in Windows PC, open registry editor and find the folder “Windows Defender” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. The last step is to disable Msmpeng.exe antimalware service executable for completing the process.
5. Is it safe to disable antimalware executable?
Yes, it is safe to disable antimalware service executable in Windows System but until and unless you don’t find high CPU usage don’t perform the disabling activity. Make sure have installed third party Anti-virus software in your Windows System before disabling antimalware service for protecting you System from Malware threats.
We hope you got the useful information related to the search for How to fix “Antimalware Service Executable” high CPU usage in Windows 2020. In case if you have any other query related to the topic kindly note it down in the below-given comment section. We will be more than happy to assist you with relevant answers to the asked question.