Dll stands for Dynamic link library which includes programming codes. Software, games, applications require Dll files to be functional. In case, if any of the Dll files are missing for installed apps or games for sure, you will find the error message msvcp120.dll is missing. Insist you to read the whole article to explore the fixing methods for “msvcp120.dll is missing” error in 2021.
MSVCR120.dll missing mainly occurs when your system detects mislead (missing codes, files) in C++ programming language, majority of quality Games, Software, Program run on programming languages such as C++/CLI, C++, and C. One of the common solutions to the MSVCR120.dll missing is uninstall and reinstall the file (Software or Game). Usually, this method works because you get fresh files including all data, files, coding to run a program.
In case, if you still find the same “msvcp120.dll is missing” error kindly, perform the stated methods in your Windows Operating System one after another to check whether the error MSVCR120.dll missing is fixed or not.
Fixing methods for msvcp120.dll is missing
Insist you to perform the stated methods one after another in your Windows PC and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
Scan Virus in Windows PC
- Type Antivirus in Windows search bar and hit enter.
- You will find the Quick Scan tab, click on it.
- The process will consume some time, wait till 100% completion.
Install New System Software Update
- Type Settings in Windows Search bar and hit enter.
- Click on “Update & Security” option to continue,
- Click on Check for updates tab to find new system software updates. If any, download and install the same in your Windows PC.
Reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages
In case, if the msvcr120.dl files are missing or it consists of corrupted files then you won’t be able to run the newly installed program or game in your Windows Operating System. Well, you can download and install the msvcr120.dl files for free.
- Firstly, make sure your Windows PC is connected with valid internet connectivity.
- Visit the official Microsoft portal.
- Select the favorable language from the drop-down box and click on Download TAB.
- Choose the compatible files considering the machine 32/64 Bits.
- In case, if you’re not aware of Operating System bits kindly, right-click on THIS PC or My Computer and choose the option “Properties”
- You can find the Windows bit operating system as shown in the above image. Considering it downloads the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages files.
Note: If you’re using Windows 32-Bits Operating System kindly, download the “Vredist_x86.exe” file.
- Once done, install the same file in your Windows Operating System and check whether the problem msvcp120.dll is missing is fixed or not.
Run System File Checker
Might be possible due to corrupted files you’re facing the error msvcp120.dll is missing. To detect corrupted files in Windows Operating System run the command sfc /scannow in Command Prompt.
- Type Command Prompt in Windows Search bar and select “Run as administrator” option.
- Now input the command “sfc /scannow” and hit enter.
- The Process will consume some time to detect the corrupted files and fix the same. Wait till the 100% completion process.
- Once done, close the CMD prompt and restart your Windows System and try to launch the software or game.
Replace corrupted files from Windows Update servers
Still finding the same error msvcp120.dll is missing? Insist you to perform the method to detect and replace all the corrupted files that exist in your Windows Operating System.
- Firstly, type Command prompt in the Windows Search bar and click on Run as administrator option.
- Input the command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in Command Prompt and hit enter.
- The scanning process will consume some time to detect corrupted files and repair the same. Kindly, wait until 100% process completion.
- Once done, close the Command Prompt and restart your Windows PC. Hopefully, you won’t find the error msvcp120.dll is missing while trying to access the software or game.
FAQ for MSVCR120.dll missing
- What is msvcr120 DLL missing?
MSVCR120.dll missing is an error which won’t allow you to run installed programs, software or games in Windows Operating System. Missing codes, files in C++ programming language invites the error.
- What causes msvcp120.dll is missing error?
Corrupted files, missing files, lack of system software update, mislead in program coding are some of the main causes for the error msvcp120.dll is missing.
- How to fix MSVCR120.dll missing in Windows?
Perform the below-stated methods in your Windows Operating System to fix the problem MSVCR120.dll missing.
- Check for new system software Updates
- Scan Virus in Windows PC
- Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
- Run System File Checker
- Replace corrupted files
We’re glad to introduce you to the fixing methods for the error message “msvcp120.dll is missing” in 2021. If you have any doubts or queries kindly, note them in the comment section. We will look into it!