Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft OS which is highly sophisticated and with many updates, users love the experience. But not all of the updates are appreciated like others, for example, the latest update brings some issues to the surface. Such as volume control in Windows 10 taskbar is not working for some people. In this article, we will write about how to fix Windows 10 taskbar volume control, not working issues.
Volume Control is not working
Many people are complaining about the issue with voice control on Windows 10 taskbar. there are many softwares which runs with volume control. Most recently, when people are using their computers for zoom meetings and other software, they face many issues for this particular problem. When a user takes their mouse and hovers over the taskbar volume control, nothing happens. Nothing seems to work with this volume control glitch and that’s why we have found some tricks to resolve this matter.
Fixing Windows 10 Volume Control not working
Here are many ways users can fix this issue, it’s not a straightforward problem-solving method, but more of an A-B process. We advise our users to try these methods one by one and solve the problem.
#1 Restarting Window Explorer
Just like the old-time, if something is not working, switch it off and on and it might work. This trick worked for many windows 10 users for volume control not working.
- Right-click on the taskbar and open task manager
- Find the window explorer in process
- Select the process and right click on it to restart it
- Wait for the whole process to complete and check the taskbar volume control
In this trick, everything on the screen will disappear, there is nothing wrong with it, its just windows restarting the whole explorer process. If this trick works for any user, make sure to tell us in the comment.
#2 Audio Services Restart
If the windows explorer trick won’t work for the user, let’s go to the root of the cause, which means audio services.
- Type “services.msc” in the run prompt box
- Find the Windows Audio services in the list
- Right click on it and select the properties
- Change the startup type to automatic
- Now click on the stop button below the start-up
- Once the whole process is stopped, click on the start again
- After that, restart the computer and check the volume control on the taskbar
This is a more thorough process in which users can stop the whole audio process in the system. Once they restart the process, if anything was wrong, it can be fixed. Make sure to restart the Pc and then check again for whether Windows 10 taskbar volume control is working or not.
#3 Audio Driver Updating
If there is something wrong with any of the devices, it is always the driver. Users need to update windows drivers from time to time for better performance. If any system in the Pc is malfunctioning, it would be the driver issue.
- Type “mmsys.cpl” in run prompt
- Sound driver windows will open
- Select the Playback device
- Now find which device is default and go back to the desktop
- Now type “Device Manager” in run prompt
- Now go to “Sound, video, and game controllers”
- Expand the option and find the default driver
- Now right click on the option and select update driver
- Once the update is complete, restart the pc and volume control
Most of the time the cause of the issue is an outdated driver. Just update the sound driver and try to check the windows 10 taskbar volume control for working or not.
#4 Audio Troubleshooter
Windows is one of the easiest operating systems in the world and what makes it easy is the programs for everything. Windows already know that sometimes, something won’t work and they have created a whole software for troubleshooting any issue. make sure to do PC cleaning as well for better performance. Let’s see how to run Audio troubleshooting in windows 10.
- Open windows 10 settings
- Update & security
- Find the playing audio option
- Run the troubleshooter
- Follow the instruction and then restart the Pc
Most often, windows troubleshooters can find the issue with devices or software. Make sure to check the issue and after restarting the pc, go for the windows 10 taskbar volume control and check if its working or not.
Windows 10 Volume Control not working FAQ
1. Why can’t I open my volume control?
Go to the taskbar and find the windows explorer, restart the process, and then restart the pc. After that go the volume control and click on the icon.
2. Why is my windows 10 taskbar volume control not working?
Most of the time, it could be the outdated driver, just update the driver and restart the Pc. if not, then troubleshoot the audio player in the setting.
We hope this article will help anyone who has trouble with Windows 10 Volume Control not working. We have provided 4 solutions to this issue and it will get resolved by following the instruction. If you have any more questions regarding Volume Control is not working in Windows 10, ask us in the comment section.